Thursday, March 5, 2009

Pat #5: We regret to inform you...

Unlike my fellow blogger, things on the job search front have been pretty silent. Other than a few impersonal "Thanks for playing, the position has been filled" emails, I haven't heard anything. Rejection isn't the greatest feeling in the world, but to be honest, they weren't positions that I was especially qualified for. I keep wondering if the phone will ever start to ring. What if it doesn't? Even scarier, will I be ready when it does start to ring?

So far, there have only been two positions that I've gotten nervous about. I had been sending resumes and cover letters out like an assembly line-- but something happens when you find a job that you can actually see yourself doing. You stop dead in your tracks and start nitpicking the bullet points on your resume and the verbage on your cover letter.

My supervisor advised me not to "jump the gun" and take a position that I'm not really interested in. He said most hiring in my functional area happens during the summer months, "Don't get sucked into the idea that you should have a job before graduation," he said. I appreciate his two cents, but I hear my classmates chatting about their phone interviews and appointments they have set up at ACPA. I've got no news, absolutely nothing to share but those lame rejection emails.

No comments:

Post a Comment