Monday, June 29, 2009

We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop? #19

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted...this will be my final blog! I hope to make it short and sweet.

To everyone who has read my blog - thank you! If my words entertained, informed, elicited laughter, annoyance or any type of emotion, then I have been successful. It has surely been a wild, crazy, stressful and emotional roller coaster ride for me. But I can say the days, months and weeks of searching for job postings, creating and editing resumes and cover letters, researching institutions, phone interviewing, campus interviewing, and writing thank you notes, has all paid off. I HAVE A JOB!!!!!!! A few days ago I was offered a position in Residence Life and I was happy to accept. I love the school, I love the staff and students I met, and, although I had my reservations before, I am very excited to be working in Residence Life.

The moral of the story is: Often what you end up with is different than your original expectations. Life (God, fate, whatever you believe in) throws you a curveball and you have to change your swing so you don't strike out. (This doesn't mean settling for a mediocre position. Only say "yes" to a job you will love.) It just means you should expand your horizons and open your mind to new possibilities. I know I have and I am better for it.

Thanks again. Goodbye and good luck. May the force be with you.

2 comments:

  1. It was great hearing that you found a job! I hope it treats you well.

    It was great hearing your insights into the job search process.

    Will we see you at the New Professionals blog?

    Well good luck whatever's the case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! It's been great reading your blog. I wish you much success in your new venture. Plenty of Blessings!

    ReplyDelete