Friday, May 29, 2009

We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop? #16

So…not much new this week. Had two interviews last week, as I previously mentioned and a phone interview this week. I believe all interviews went well. I will be hearing back from the on-campus interviews next week or the week after (by the way, I am loving how the timelines are so vague…). I actually received a call two days after my phone interview and I am being invited to campus. Yay! I really think I sound ridiculous in phone interviews, but apparently I do okay.

Interview questions that everyone should be prepared for because they are asked ALL THE TIME:

What are your future plans/where do you see yourself in 10 years?
(I just remembered I mentioned this in my last blog…)

In student affairs there are often times where you have several projects on your plate. How do you manage your time/multiple tasks/priorities?

I don’t like this question because I am one of those people that just gets everything done. I make lists, calendars, etc. I stick to deadlines. I have tried really hard to think of a more detailed way to explain HOW I manage multiple priorities, but I have not been successful. I think it’d be easier if they gave a scenario like: Explain to me what you would do if: you had a report due in a few hours, other To-Do list items to get done, your office phone is constantly ringing today and a bawling student walks into your office needing to talk to you right away. Maybe I solved my problem. Maybe in response to the general question I should respond with this fake scenario and tell them how I would handle it.

Give us an example of a time you were in a conflict with a co-worker. How did you resolve it?

There are plenty more, but these are some that I have struggled with.

I am hoping Pat got the job that started off with the trip from hell, being stuck in the airport for 12 hours. Sounds like she liked the institution a lot, even if the travelling part sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment