Thursday, April 16, 2009

We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop? #12

Ah….the sweet taste of rejection. NOT. More like the bitter, awful, stomach-aching, soul-crushing taste of rejection.

My top choice for a VISTA position rejected me this week. I should have known. It was like this last summer when I interviewed for internships. There was two I really, really wanted, and I thought I interviewed well, but was rejected by them both. I had the same feeling with this position – interviewed well, I am really interested, even wrote an email with follow-up questions to show my interest, didn’t hear back, BAM – rejected.

Maybe I shouldn’t feel too surprised. I thought the VISTA was a long shot in the first place, considering my limited community service experience. But, let’s not be a complete downer. I still have not heard from several other positions. There is still a chance, a glimmer of hope, right?

And then there’s the question of, if offered a position, do I take it or not? It would be my first offer and I don’t want to take it just because I’m afraid I won’t get anything else….

This is one of the most frustrating and nerve-racking processes of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment