Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop? #10

I don’t even know what to say. Emotionally, I’ve been a wreck for the past few days. Mostly relationship stuff, but then I get to thinking about the stress of finding a job and graduating and moving and all the changes in store for me. I DO NOT LIKE CHANGE. I am not good at it. I guess some people would say, “Who is?” and others would remind me that life is constantly changing and I’ve made it through changes and hellish periods in my life before. Which is true, but I don’t care. Just cause I’ve done it before does not make the prospect of doing it again any more appealing. Yes, I know there’s a pit of gold at the end of the rainbow, or whatever, but it’s still rough when you’re in the midst of it all. I know I am technically a “grown-up”, but I don’t feel grown-up and it’s still difficult to grow-up. Hmmm….I realized my blog title really fits for this entry.

That’s how I've felt the past couple days….but I am trying hard to change my attitude and perspective on a number of things. And the job interviews have been steadily coming. I’ve had two phone interviews and an on-campus interview (Yay!) in the past week, all of them for VISTA positions. I am actually really excited about VISTA now, having interviewed and talked to current VISTAs. I think being a VISTA would be a challenge and amazing learning experience while still being able to work at a college and interact with students. So, for now, I am leaning toward this type of position; this is different from a month ago when my motivation was born out of some interest, but more out of the desire for more options.

1 comment: